CALS 183 Communication Methods Lecture Outline, Lecture Five.
Tuesday/Thursday, 27/29 September 2011, Kalkin 001 1:00-2:15pm
Please put away all electronic devices (lap tops, cell phones, Blackberrys, I-Pods, etc.).
Return Present Yourself Quizzes: Individual Group Average
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS:
Assignments & Announcements:
Informational Presentation suggested order of
things to do:
1. Mind Map first draft
2. Research your topic
3. Mind Map second draft
4. Detailed outline
5. Presentation outline (big font, one sheet)
6. Practice at least three times in front of friends and get feedback
7. GIVE YOUR PRESENTATION
8. View your presentation, read peer evaluations, reflect
9. Write your reflection paper
10. Assemble your reflection folder: Reflection Folder Checklist. Folder is due at the beginning of lab the following week. Here's an example of the Contents of the Reflection Folder.
Group Critical Anlysis Presentation assignment: Syllabus # 6
Critique examples of the group presentation
TED Talk: Hands-on Squishy Circuits
TED Talk: How to Tie Your Shoes
TED Talk: Wearing Nothing New: Jessi Arrington