University of Vermont


If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1 for help immediately.

Reporting Sexual Misconduct at UVM

Complainants in these cases may choose to pursue:

  1. A criminal investigation
  2. A non-criminal internal UVM investigation
  3. Both
  4. Neither

For more specific information about these options, and the disciplinary processes associated with each, click here.

To initiate a criminal investigation, contact UVM Police Services at (802) 656-3473. You can also make a report by completing an online form.

To initiate an internal UVM (non-criminal) investigation, contact the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity (AAEO) at (802) 656-3368. You can also make a report by completing an online form.

For support and resources, contact the Campus Victim's Advocate (CVA) through the UVM Women’s Center at (802) 656-7892. While the CVA is housed at the Women’s Center, she serves people of all genders and identities.

If you would like the University to conduct an internal and/or criminal investigation, you must contact Police Services or the AAEO to make a complaint. The University cannot investigate matters that have not been brought to its attention. The University of Vermont takes sexual misconduct very seriously, and strongly encourages you to make both a criminal and an internal complaint.

Last modified August 04 2015 02:13 PM