Sexual Conduct Education & Resources
The University of Vermont takes sexual and relationship violence very seriously, and is committed to providing a safe and healthy learning and working environment. Sexual misconduct and assault, dating and relationship violence, stalking, and other forms of gender-based harassment or discrimination are incompatible with our community’s values, and will not be tolerated.
The purpose of this website is to provide access to information and resources intended to prevent sexual assault and misconduct, and to promote healthy, respectful and responsible relationships and choices. On this website, you will find information about:
- UVM’s policies and processes related to sexual assault and misconduct;
- How to identify sexual misconduct and assault, relationship violence, stalking, and other forms of gender-based discrimination and harassment;
- What your reporting options or obligations are, and the process that will occur if you do make a report;
- What to do if you or a friend have been sexually assaulted;
- University and community resources, and how you can get involved;
- Sexual Health and Healthy Relationships.
Sexual Assault and Misconduct
A sexual assault doesn’t have to involve sexual intercourse. Any kind of unwanted touching or sexualized conduct may violate University policies and the law. Anyone can be a victim of sexual assault, regardless of their gender, age, or sexual orientation. [Read More]
Relationship violence, also called intimate partner violence (IPV) doesn’t always involve hitting or other types of physical assault, although it can. Sometimes, IPV starts with a series of tactics that may seem trivial, but that have the effect of isolating and controlling you. [Read More]
Stalking is a series of behaviors or actions that occur more than once, and that are designed to intimidate, threaten, and cause emotional distress to the victim. Anyone can be a victim of stalking, and stalkers may or may not be known to their victims. [Read More]
Last modified January 12 2016 01:57 PM