Welcome to AAEO!
Welcome to the website for the Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity. Here you will find all of the information on our department, the University's policies on diversity, hiring and harassment and the steps to take if you have been discriminated against. If you have any needs whatsoever, please feel free to contact us directly. Our contact numbers, address and office hours are listed below.
The Mission of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity (AA/EO) is to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and university policies related to discrimination through:
- The effective development of, and compliance with, an affirmative action plan for recruitment, hiring, and retention of employees;
- Thorough and impartial investigation of all discrimination-related complaints; and
- Campus-wide education and outreach about laws, policies, and goals related to AA/EO and diversity.
To ensure that every member and prospective member of the campus community receives fair and equal treatment and opportunity, and experiences an inclusive environment.
What we do
The Office of Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity serves multiple roles:
- Promote and enforce effective university policies related to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the University's affirmative action plan as an effective recruiting and compliance tool.
- Develop, promote, and monitor effective methods of recruiting and retaining a diverse community of faculty and staff.
- Provide institutional leadership for the design and implementation of campus-wide programs in support of diversity.
- Conduct thorough and impartial investigations of complaints of discrimination and harassment.
- Work collaboratively with affiliates to provide effective training and education about discrimination, affirmative action, and diversity.
- Where appropriate, serve as a neutral dispute resolution resource in discrimination and diversity-related issues for all members of the campus community.