Medical Withdrawal Re-Entry Information
Below you will find information regarding the University of Vermont Medical Withdrawal Policy as well as instructions for students wishing to return to the university from a medical withdrawal.
Students wishing to return to their studies following a full medical withdrawal must complete the following steps:
- Submit the Community Provider Report Form. This form serves as documentation from the treating clinician to the Medical Withdrawal Committee attesting to the student’s ability to resume studies with a reasonable likelihood of success.
- Click here for the Community Provider Report form.
- This form must be submitted by July 1 for the fall semester, December 1 for the spring semester, and April 1 for the summer term.
- Click here for the Student Self-Report form.
- This form must be submitted July 1 for the fall semester, December 1 for the spring semester, and April 1 for the summer term.
Once re-admission is approved by the Medical Withdrawal Committee, students should complete the following steps.
- Student will schedule an appointment with the Dean’s Office of their School or College to review course load, academic standing, and registration for classes.
- On-campus students should contact Residence Life to discuss housing options.
- All students returning from Medical Withdrawal should schedule an appointment with the CAPS Case Manager during the first two weeks of classes. This appointment can be scheduled by calling CAPS at 656-3340.
**Any requests for exceptions to the above conditions should be submitted in writing to the Medical Withdrawal Committee in care of UVM Counseling and Psychiatry Services.
For more information contact: John Paul Grogan, Clinical Case Manager: email@example.com or 802-656-3340.
Last modified December 16 2013 05:53 PM