Writing in the Disciplines Program
Writing & Information Literacy in the Disciplines (WILD)
The Writing and Information Literacy in the Disciplines (WILD) initiative is the second phase of the General Education Committee’s work on writing and information literacy.
The WILD initiative identifies four outcomes for participating departments:
- Identification of disciplinary priorities for writing and information literacy
- Student learning outcomes based on those priorities
- Curricular map of where those outcomes are taught
- Plan for assessing and refining the outcomes
The WILD process envisions four key meetings for departments:
- Meeting to review the survey outcomes
- Meeting to review draft outcomes and begin curricular mapping
- Meeting to plan assessment
- Meeting to review work and make future plans in light of available resources
In the 2013-2014 pilot, WID collaborated with the WILD leadership team and four departments (Romance Languages and Linguistics (RLL), Anthropology, Community Development and Applied Economics (CDAE), and Nursing. We look forward to working with additional departments in 2014-2015.
Last modified August 22 2014 02:12 PM