Writing in the Disciplines Program
Sixth Annual WID Institute
Tuesday–Friday, May 12–15, 2015, 9 am–3:30 pm
The WID Institute supports full-time faculty who are developing or revising an undergraduate course in the major with a significant writing component. Through the institute, participants will integrate writing into an undergraduate course, focusing on enhancing student learning. Institute activities will also encourage participants to reflect on their own writing experiences in order to better shape students’ writing experiences. Participants will have opportunities to share their work with colleagues during the following academic year and will have priority in receiving additional WID support as they implement and reflect on their courses.
The WID Institute will be facilitated by Susanmarie Harrington, Director of the Writing in the Disciplines Program.
Our four-day institute will address topics such as:
- Reading and writing in the disciplines and professions
- Scaffolding assignments and other course activities
- Connecting reading, writing, and course expectations
- Assessing and responding to writing
- Developing as teachers and writers
- Have access to tailored follow-up activities for and with participants throughout the academic year
- Explore opportunities to share work with colleagues, locally and nationally
- Learn from colleagues who are innovative teachers
- Have the opportunity to participate in the WID Undergraduate Mentor Program, which attaches experienced undergraduate writing tutors to writing-intensive courses for majors
Up to 15 faculty participants will be selected by application to participate in the institute. To apply, download and complte the application form and then the form to Kristen Cameron, WID Program Coordinator, at 302 Bailey/Howe Library or Kristen.Cameron@uvm.edu.
Applications will be available here in April. Please check back or send email to email@example.com
This application is a pdf. To save a copy of your completed application, you must have a current version of Adobe Reader (download the latest version). For assistance with this form, or to request an alternate format, please contact Kristen Cameron.
Last modified September 15 2014 11:03 AM