Resources : Articles
- Enterprise Budget Factsheet Enterprise budgets are an important tool for determining the revenues and expenses associated with a particular product. This factsheet provides a basic overview of enterprise budgets and points you to some additional tools for developing your own enterprise budgets.
- Is My Business a Hobby or For-Profit Business? Knowing when to make the transition from a slowly expanding hobby to a full-fledged farm business can require some thought. This factsheet will provide you with the criteria that the Internal Revenue Service uses in determining whether a business is a hobby or not.
- One way small-scale producers can protect their investment in crops is through the revenue based crop insurance policy known as AGR-Lite. Learn more about how growers use AGR-Lite to mitigate revenue loss due to flood, drought, insects, disease, wildlife damage and market price fluctuations.
Health and Safety for Farm Women
- Mammogram Anyone? Mammogram Everyone!
- Stress Management for Women Farmers & Ranchers
- Summer Safety (2008)
- Vermont Health Care Options
Information About Women Farmers
- Celebrating 100 Years of Vermont Women Farmers Vermont Woman, September, 2005
- Herstory: Women in Organic Agriculture the newsletter of California Certified Organic Farmers, Summer, 2002
- Women in Sustainable Agriculture ATTRA News, March-April 2006
- Market Assessment: Are Restaurants a Good Choice? A podcast. Selling to restaurants can be an outstanding marketing decision for your business if you are located in the right area and prepared for the realities of this market niche. The following assessment will guide you through some important considerations that you might want to consider before you begin approaching restaurants. You can also download the Are Restaurants a Good Choice? Self Assessment Tool.
Last modified May 11 2012 05:44 PM