VSTA Mission Statement
The Vermont Science Teachers Association (VSTA), an affiliate of the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA), is committed to excellence in science curriculum and instruction in schools and communities throughout the state.
The VSTA advocates for needed resources and staff development opportunities in elementary, middle-level, and high schools.
Ways in which the VSTA responds to this mission include:
• publication of a membership newsletter
• coordination of conferences and workshops
• operation of a web page on the WWW
• collaboration with the Vermont Department of Education, and others on policy initiatives
• encouragement of member involvement in science education leadership roles both statewide and nationally
The VSTA may work on targeted initiatives such as curriculum frameworks, science teaching standards and assessment, use of appropriate technology, science award programs, and interdisciplinary learning.