Break Parking Information (Student)
During breaks in the routine schedule (particularly semester breaks, administrative holidays, and Summer), there may be changes in parking options. This page contains "break parking" information for students.
THANKSGIVING BREAK, READING/EXAM DAYS, SEMESTER BREAK 2014
STUDENT PARKING INFORMATION
The following contains parking information during:
- Thanksgiving Break, November 24, 2014 through November 28, 2014.
- Exam/Reading period, December 4, 2014 through December 14, 2014.
- Semester Break, December 13, 2014 through January 11, 2015.
All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during all break and reading & exam periods. Read carefully as enforcement will occur during these times. Normal parking regulations go into effect the first day classes resume following each break.
Reading Days & Exam Period/December 4, 2014 through December 12, 2014: Campus parking rules and regulations will remain in effect during this time. Valid permits must be displayed and vehicles must park only in the zone which corresponds with their permit. Commuter Evening Permits will be valid during their normally restricted hours in student areas of the Gutterson Parking Facility during the reading and exam period.
- November 15 to April 1: No parking on the upper deck of the Gutterson Garage from 11:00pm to 7:00am. Violators may be towed at their own expense.
- Permits are not required and colored zone designations are not enforced during UVM Administrative Holidays and listed Winter Break days. Please read this entire document regarding exceptions for all other days during the break period. Disabled spaces, roadway and non-designated area violations are enforced at all times.
- If you are leaving your vehicle while you are away at any time during all break periods, it must display a valid residential permit and be parked in the Gutterson Garage. This will allow snow removal crews to easily maintain the residential lots. Any vehicles left in the residential lots may be towed at the owner's expense. Please park in the enclosed sections of the lower and middle levels of the garage facility only. Do not park in any uncovered surface parking of the facility. Any vehicles left in these areas may also be towed at the owner's expense. This will allow for snow removal in the surface parking areas surrounding the garage and allow us to coordinate special event parking during the breaks.
- In anticipation of snow removal, please watch for signs indicating dates and time of possible lot closures. In the event your desired lot is posted as closed, please refer to the paragraph above and follow the instructions for parking in the enclosed sections of the Gutterson Garage.
- Pay stations (spaces individually posted and painted with white lines) and meters will be enforced as posted.
- Please call Police Services at 656-3473 for the Motorist Assistance Program during Administrative Holidays and Winter Break Days.
Thanksgiving & Semester Break Parking by Permit (see parking map for lot designations)
- Residential Permit Holders: All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during the break period. All residential permits will also be valid in any lot posted for Residential Permits regardless of permit color, Jeffords Lot depicted in green east of Jeffords Hall, as well as their traditional areas. Parking in faculty/staff lots is allowed after 3:30pm.
- Commuter Permit Holders: All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during the break period. All Student Commuter permits will also be valid in any lot posted for Residential Permits regardless of permit color, Jeffords Lot depicted in green east of Jeffords Hall, as well as their traditional areas. Parking in faculty/staff lots is allowed after 3:30pm.
- Commuter Yellow Permits: Beaumont Lot remains accessible for students with Yellow Commuter permits only during this time period.
Fall 2014Welcome to the Fall Semester. Eligible students are now able to purchase parking permits on-line or in person at our office. Please check our homepage for any extended hours and locations.
Important residential parking changes:
REDSTONE CAMPUS: Due to the volume of upper class students residing on campus, we anticipate the demand for parking will exceed the parking spaces. Permits will be sold first come, first served. Students requesting parking beyond the number of spaces will be assigned parking in the Residential Blue area (Athletic Campus) and will need to follow Resident Blue parking eligibility. Persons displaying a Resident Blue permit are also eligible to park in the Gutterson Garage.
RESIDENTIAL PARKING LOTS ELIGIBILITY CHANGE:
In prior years, residential permit holders and commuters could move their vehicles to campus residential lots (except for Resident Black - Chittenden/Buckham/Wills) after 6p weekdays and during the weekend. Beginning this fall, besides the Resident Black lot (Chittenden/Buckham/Wills) the capacity of the Redstone Campus and Athletic Campus lots will not allow this movement.
Last modified December 18 2014 02:08 PM