Department of Theatre
Ethical standards of the Department of Theatre
The following standards describe principles of self-discipline, which, far from robbing students, faculty, and staff of individuality, increase personal self-esteem and dignity through cooperation and common purpose.
All those who participate in academic and artistic activities in the Department of Theatre are expected to adhere to these ideals.
- I understand my conduct in and out of the building reflects on the reputation of the Department of Theatre.
- All my activities outside classes are an extension of my academic experience.
- I understand that the theatrical experience is the collaborative effort of authors, artists, and audiences and is founded on mutual respect.
- I understand that I am expected to make every effort to fulfill my production and academic responsibilities regardless of how small my task or large my personal problem and I am accountable for their completion.
- I understand that the University Catalog is my contract with the University, and that I am subject to its regulations, including those that apply to academic honesty, sexual harassment and nondiscrimination.
- I understand that the attainment of artistic and academic excellence depends upon my physical and mental readiness, so I will not jeopardize the work of myself and others by injudicious activities inside or outside the theatre.
- I understand that safety is a departmental priority and everyone's responsibility including my own.
- I understand that the Royall Tyler Theatre is not only a place of public assembly but also a learning laboratory, so I will treat the building and its contents with respect.
Last modified May 19 2010 11:35 AM