The University of Vermont Office of Sustainability's mission is to bridge academic activities, such as teaching, research, and outreach, with the operations of the University. A major part of fulfilling this mission is tracking UVM's progress towards sustainability.
Tracking UVM's sustainability progress includes completing an annual greenhouse gas inventory, piloting the AASHE STARS system for tracking activiites, coordinating the Campus Sustainability course, and working with students on various Service-learning and senior capstone projects related to sustainability.
The Office of Sustainability's Performance Tracking Fellow, Pooja Kanwar, oversees many of these activities.
If you have a data request, please read the following before making a request:
1) For most annual data (1990 to present), go to our most recent greenhouse gas emissions inventory on the ACUPCC reporting website and open the attached spreadsheet. There you can find total:
- square footage included in GHG inventory;
- electricity use;
- heating fuel use;
- fuel used by campus vehicles (buses and fleet);
- commuting estimates of faculty/staff and students;
- total waste and compost generated; and
- agricultural information (animals and fertilizer).
3) The UVM sourcebook is another great resource for financial, enrollment, and faculty/staff data.
4) Other data we have available upon request from 2006 to present include:
- building-specific data such as square footage and monthly electricity use;
- monthly heating fuel used by the Central Heating & Cooling plant;
- monthly heating fuel used by some buildings that have their own generators;
- monthly wastewater generated from campus (estimate of water usage); and
- department contacts for most other data and information.
For these and other requests, please use the contact us form to fill out a request. In your request:
1) Specify what data you need and,
2) Provide a date when you need the data by.
Allow at least 5 days for a response to your request. We are unable to fulfill any last minute requests. Please send your request well in advance of when you need it.