The Office of Sustainability aims to foster sustainable development and promote environmental responsibility at the University of Vermont by strategically bridging the academic activities of teaching, research, and outreach with the operations of the University.
- Support organizational strategic planning for the "Environmental University"
- Track UVM's sustainability bottom line
- Educate and involve the campus community and the public at large
- Stimulate and select feasible ideas for sustainability related projects
- Create implementation plans and manage projects
- Celebrate campus successes
Our office reports jointly to the Provost and to the Vice President for Finance & Administration, who supervises the director. We are two full-time staff and four Graduate Fellows, plus an Academic Advisor and a team of supporters. Our budget is primarily from the general fund, with one Fellow supported by the Clean Energy Fund.
We communicate with the broader UVM community through our monthly Environmental Forum gatherings, newsletters, and listserv.