Join over 4,000 students to learn more about the clubs, organizations, and businesses that make up our UVM community on Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 for our 26th annual ActivitiesFest. This event is free to attendees and open to the entire UVM community. It gives students the opportunity to see many of the different clubs and organizations on campus as well as a variety of UVM departments, area non-profit organizations and several vendors from around the state of Vermont. The festival atmosphere will be amped up by live music courtesy of WRUV and free food grilled on site by members of the Student Life staff - it's a great way to kick off the year, welcome our new students to campus, and get the word out about the work that your group does!
- When: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Wednesday September 7th, 2016
- Where: Davis Center and Bailey-Howe Quadrangle (Rain Site is inside the Davis Center)
- Who: You and about 4,000 other members of the UVM community including approximately 200 organizations
- What: A festival of free food, giveaways, music, and fun!
- Why: It's a great way to recruit students to your organization, spread the word about your cause, or just have a great time welcoming new students to campus
- Are you already registered? Click here and navigate to the bottom tabs for both ActivitesFest and Class Picnic lists. This sheet will be updated weekly.
- UVM affiliated organizations and local non-profits will split an 8 ft table and be provided with a chair.
- Non-UVM affiliated organizations paying a registration fee to participate in the event will be provided with a full 8 ft table and 2 chairs.
What to bring:
- Exciting and engaging displays that illustrate what your group is about.
- A sign-up sheet so you can take down information about folks interested in your group.
- An energetic group of volunteers to staff your table and engage with attendees.
- A weighted object to hold down any loose paper; pens and blue painter’s tape to affix items to your table.
- Materials to cover an 4’ of table space on and 8' table that you will share with another organization (some organizations have pre-arranged for more table space).
What not to bring:
- Excess paper or trash-generating handouts. Students are excited for meaningful giveaways, but most paper handouts end up in the recycling bins.
- Materials that promote irresponsible choices around alcohol consumption or illegal drug use. We ask that you consider the ways in which certain language and imagery can impact our community and to make responsible choices about how you represent your organization and its values.
- Any food to be prepared on-site (pre-packaged candy is OK) unless you have already made arrangements with us.
- Are you a UVM affiliate interested in registering for the 2017 Winter Involvement Fair? Register here
- Information for the Fall 2017 Involvement Fair will be available in Spring 2017.