Student Support Services
What is TRIO/Student Support Services?
The Student Support Services Program works with 225 UVM students (first year to senior) each year by providing them with academic, social, and cultural support throughout college. This is a voluntary program, but we believe it can be really helpful in making sure that students are able to stay on track while in college.
Students can submit an application to the SSS program at any time after they have been accepted to UVM. However, depending on when they apply, they will either be accepted immediately or placed on a waiting list for the next year, so the earlier an application can be sent to us, the better.
SSS serves first-generation college students (students who do not have a parent who has graduated from a four year university or college), students who have a documented disability, and students whose family income falls within U.S. Department of Education guidelines. Click here for U.S. Department of Education guidelines.
- Professional and peer mentoring
- Course planning assistance
- Step Up Program to assist with study skills
- Scholarship opportunity
- Monthly Newsletter
- Introduction to undergraduate research programs, internships, and study abroad programs
- Help in selecting and applying for graduate or professional schools
- Student Leadership Institute (a leadership development series)
- Use of a computer lab, technology program, and free academic printing services
Last modified November 05 2012 02:33 PM