Introduction to Physical Safety
Physical Safety within the laboratory setting can sometimes be overlooked as occupants focus research interests on the more obvious chemical or biological hazards. The text that follows has been designed to draw attention to the management of risks associated with physical hazards such as:
- use of machinery & equipment,
- electrical safety including lock-out tag-out program,
- material storage & ladder safety,
- working at heights & roof-top research,
- safe lifting techniques, and
- ergonomics & injury prevention in the laboratory setting.