Most civil demonstrations are peaceful and people not involved should attempt to carry on business as usual. Avoid provoking or obstructing demonstrators. If a disturbance seems to threaten the occupants of the building, report it immediately to the (local authority) and take the following actions:
- Alert all people in the area of the situation.
- Lock all doors and windows.
- Close blinds to prevent flying glass.
- If necessary, your department may decide to cease work operations.
- If necessary to evacuate, consult local authorities for your best option.
If evacuation occurs, meet at the Evacuation site designated by your Building Coordinator.