1. Understand building-specific evacuation plans.
2. Work together with other building CATWatch Coordinators to ensure that building occupants are informed of these plans and any changes.
3. Maintain current information regarding employees who will need help during evacuations.
4. Serve as the point of contact and provide onsite information for:
- Building operations staff - regarding the current status of building issues which may affect occupant safety.
- Emergency responders - during an emergency, report to them on status of any occupants in need of assistance.
5. Evacuation procedure: in partnership with the UVM Fire Marshal, review and maintain building evacuation maps.
6. Stay current on all renovations made to building with regard to restrictions of entrances and exits.
7. During an emergency, direct building occupants to gather at the designated evacuation meeting place.
8. Access information on optional topics such as severe weather and workplace violence as needed.