Natural Gas Leak Or Odor
- Pull fire alarm pull station.
- Do not switch on or off any lights or equipment
- Warn others in immediate area to evacuate the building
- Leave the building using the nearest safe exit. Leave doors open if possible.
- Call (local 911 UVM Police Services at 656-3473 (656-FIRE) )
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Sounding
- Random single beeps indicates detector needs service. Call 656-2560
- Pattern of 4 quick beeps indicate alarm, potentially dangerous levels of CO. If alarm, warn others in immediate area to leave the building
- Leave building and meet at designated evacuation point
- Call UVM Police Services at 656-3473 (656-FIRE) or 911
- Do not reenter building until directed to by proper authorities
Loss Of Electricity
- Report the problem to the building maintenance contact or Service Operations (656-2560), select 1 and report the outage.
- If evacuation is necessary, follow illuminated exit signs (battery powered) located throughout the building
- Locate flashlights if necessary
- Check the building to be sure occupants are okay
- Once an estimate of when power will be restored is received, decide when personnel should plan on returning to work.
Loss Of Heat
- Call Service Operations (656-2560), select 1 and report outage
- Loss of heat in winter months can cause pipes to freeze and break, resulting in water damage
- During extreme heat or cold conditions building personnel may need to be relocated until system is restored