Call for Applications for the President’s Commission for Inclusive Excellence
The President’s Commission for Inclusive Excellence (PCIE) is currently seeking applications from members of the University of Vermont community with a deep demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion to join this Commission. The PCIE is an institutional advisory board, whose primary mission is to advance the strategic diversity and inclusion goals of the University of Vermont.
The primary functions and responsibilities of the Commission are to:
• Promote the integration of the tenets in Our Common Ground throughout the culture, operations, and functions of the University of Vermont.
• Create, advise and recommend priorities for strategic diversity engagement at all levels and in all areas of the University of Vermont.
• Track emerging diversity issues at the University of Vermont.
• Review, update, monitor, and endorse major institutional documents and initiatives through a diversity lens.
• Meet with the University of Vermont President each semester to discuss strategic diversity engagement at the University of Vermont.
• Make an annual presentation/report to the institution’s senior leadership (i.e., Vice Presidents and Deans) about the University’s progress on advancing strategic institutional diversity goals.
• Provide opportunities for members of the University of Vermont community to share their thoughts, concerns, and ideas regarding diversity and inclusion at the University of Vermont.
Service on the PCIE is three years for faculty, administrators, and staff and two years for students. Members of the PCIE are expected to attend monthly meetings of the Commission and participate in Commission-related professional development (e.g., orientation, retreats, other opportunities). It is estimated that the monthly time commitment for Commissioners is 2-4 hours.
We hope that you will consider this opportunity for either yourself or encourage another member the university community to apply. For more information about the PCIE and the application process, please go to the PCIE Application Page. The application deadline is Monday, April 11, 2016. Questions about the application process should be directed to Dr. Lacretia J. Flash (firstname.lastname@example.org), Vice Chair for the President’s Commission for Inclusive Excellence.