2014 VT Women in Higher Education Fall Dinner
October 15, 2014 - Keynote and 2014 Award Winners
- By Vermont Women in Higher Education
Celebrate the achievements of women working in higher education at the 2014 Fall Dinner hosted by Vermont Women in Higher Education!
Keynote speaker is Peggy R. Williams, co-founder of VWHE. Congratulate the three 2014 award winner, Mary Hoppe, Beth Mintz, and Megan Doczi, and catch up with colleagues from across the state.
October 15, 2014
Capitol Plaza, Montpelier, VT
4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- 4:30 - 5:15 p.m. - Networking
- 5:15 - 5:30 p.m. - Keynote Address
- 5:30 p.m. - Dinner
- 6:45 p.m. - Awards Presentation
Appetizers will be presented buffet style during networking. There will be a cash bar. Appetizers include assorted cheeses and vegetables, spanakopita, and a traditional antipasto assortment. Dessert is salted caramel cake with coffee or tea.
Dinner includes tossed green salad, fresh-baked rolls, chef's seasonal vegetable, chef's suggested starch, and a choice of:
- Stuffed Chicken VT (House Specialty) with Vermont Cheddar Cheese and Cured Ham with a creamy Apple Cider Sauce
- Mediterranean Pasta with Artichoke Hearts, Greek Olives, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, Basil, Rosemary, Onions, Garlic, Olive Oil, White Wine, Butter and Feta Cheese over Linguine
About the Keynote Speaker
A co-founder of Vermont Women in Higher Education, Peggy R. Williams has a long history of leadership at institutions in both Vermont and New York. She served as the seventh president, and the first woman president, of Ithaca College in New York from 1997 to 2008. Prior to Ithaca, Peggy served as president of Lyndon State College for eight years. In addition, she held positions of Associate Academic Dean, Chair of the Business and Economic Department and Associate Professor at Trinity College. She holds a Ph.D. from Harvard University, an M.Ed. from the University of Vermont and a B.A. from St. Michael's College of the University of Toronto.
2014 Award Winners
- Sister Elizabeth Candon Distinguished Service Award - Mary Hoppe, Norwich University
- Peggy R. Williams Emerging Professional Award - Megan Doczi, Norwich University
- Jackie M. Gribbons Leadership Award - Beth Mintz, University of Vermont
To register: Registration Form for the 2014 VWHE Fall Dinner