UVM Extension to Host Agronomy Meetings at Five Sites
- By Daniel Hudson
Burlington--Dairy farmers will examine new options and strategies for improving farm profitability at the 2014 Vermont Agronomy Plus meetings, planned for five Vermont locations in February.
University of Vermont (UVM) Extension has scheduled the meetings to help farm owners and managers control costs, improve animal health and soil quality, maximize forage yield and quality and better understand their actual milk production costs. Talks on calf rearing for more productive cows, tile drainage basics and a look at dairy farming in Ireland also are on the agenda.
Registrations will be accepted up until the day of the meeting, although to guarantee lunch, register at least three days in advance. For online registrations, go to http://2014agronomyplus.eventbrite.com.
If paying by check, make payable to University of Vermont, and send to UVM Extension, c/o Brent Passut, 374 Emerson Falls Rd., Suite 1, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819. Please include contact information and indicate which meeting site.
All meetings will run from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with registration at 9:30 a.m. Locations include:
- Feb. 6: St. Johnsbury--UVM Extension office, 374 Emerson Falls Rd., Suite 1
- Feb. 7: Randolph--Vermont Small Business Development Center, 1540 Vermont Rt. 66
- Feb. 11: Morrisville--Stone Grill Pub and Restaurant, 116 Vermont Rt. 15
- Feb. 13: Newport--East Side Restaurant and Pub, 47 Landing St.
- Feb. 14: Springfield--Nolin-Murray Center, 40 Summer St.
To request a disability-related accommodation to participate, contact Brent at (800) 545-8920, ext. 351 (within Vermont) or (802) 751-8307, ext. 351, two weeks prior to the meeting date.