Faculty and Staff EAP: New Name, Expanded Service and Coverage
Details of UVM's Newly-Revised Employee Assistance Program
- By Rodman W. Cory
As announced in November, UVM's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider, The Wellness Corporation, has entered into a new relationship with a recognized leader in the field of EAP. The resulting partnership has been branded LifeScope. The toll-free phone number remains the same (800-828-6025), but the website has changed (LifescopeEAP.com), their services are improved, and the list of those eligible to enjoy their services has been expanded.
Expanded Eligibility for Coverage
Services provided to UVM by our EAP provider have always been available to benefits-eligible UVM faculty, staff and retirees, their family, and individuals living in their household. Recognizing that life is often complex and sometimes challenging, LifeScope has broadened their definition of family to include the parents, grandparents, children by blood, adoption or marriage, spouses/partners, children, and grandchildren of covered faculty and staff—whether or not they live under the same roof.
The Highlights of UVM's EAP Service
Services provided through LifeScope include:
- 24/7 confidential access to licensed, master's-level clinicians
- Free, short-term counseling for emotional well-being issues such as stress, depression, grief, substance misuse, family/marital/relationship issues, career challenges and more
- Family and caregiving consultation, resources and referrals for child care, elder care and pet care needs
- Phone consultation and online tools for legal and financial issues
- Tips, resources and referrals for household matters, personal and family safety, travel and recreation, relocation, and more
- Tips, resources and referrals for wellness service providers, fitness centers, healthy lifestyle supports, and more
- Unlimited access to a robust website featuring articles, assessments, webinars, financial calculators, searchable databases, skill builders and more
Find more information about these and other services on the LifeScope website at LifescopeEAP.com.
How to Access Care
Those seeking confidential counseling services should call LifeScope at 800-828-6025 and simply identify their relationship to covered faculty or staff. Many other services, information and resources are accessible via the website at LifescopeEAP.com. To use the website as a guest, enter UVM as the username and GUEST as the password. Upon entering the site for the first time, please register by doing the following:
- Click on REGISTER near the top of the screen in order to bring up the Registration Agreement. Read the Agreement, then Accept the Terms of the Agreement at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the Registration Form by choosing a Username, entering your e-Mail Address, and creating a Password. (Check the box to allow users to e-mail you if you wish to participate in discussion forums at that level.) Write down your username and password for future reference and, as always, please do not use your UVM netID and password to access external sites.
Questions? Call LifeScope at 800-828-6025.