University of Vermont

Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources

Student Services

RSENR Student Services changing majors

Changing Majors

Changing majors is usually easy. As long as your grade point average is C+ or better, you will be able to transfer into virtually any major on campus. If your grades are low, however, you may have difficulty. Most academic units, including the Rubenstein School, will not admit a student to a new major if that student is on academic probation.

Within The Rubenstein School: Talk to your first-year or current advisor about the major you are interested in; you may also want to meet with the Program Chair for the major you want to enter. To change your major officially, contact Marcie Newland in 350 Aiken to process your change of major request.

To switch to a major in another academic unit: Contact the college or school's Dean's Office responsible for the major you want to enter. Each college and school has its own way of handling the administrative details.

Last modified August 27 2012 03:37 PM

Contact UVM © 2014 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131