How To: Obtain Photocopier Codes
The copiers within Aiken, Johnson House, and Rubenstein Lab are set up to require codes to be entered prior to copies being made or print jobs to be processed. These codes allow us to charge the appropriate budgets for paper, toner, lease, and maintenance of the copy machines. All of these machines are reconciled each month to insure budgets are being charged in a timely manner and grants are charged before their end dates.
Each building's copy machines require separate codes and support personnel to help you.
- Aiken Copiers (MP4000 and MP8000): see Rose Feenan 656-2691
- Johnson House Copier: see Isis Erb 656-2906
- Rubenstein Lab Copier: see Elissa Schuett 859-3086
You will need to know the chart string that the cost of the copy or print jobs will be billed against.
Call or email the support person listed above with the following information:
- chart string to bill for copy and printing
- request for a copier/printer code (if you are not the budget manager or PI of the chartstring being provided, then please copy your supervisor on the request; copy codes will not be given out until the supervisor approves the request by responding to the email)
The appropriate support person will create the code and update the copy machine information.
You will be notified via email of the code and you can now use the copy machines. If your code is associated with a grant the code will be deleted according to the expiration date of the grant.
Please note that your copy code is for your personal use. You should never share this code with another person but rather direct them to this process so they can obtain their own code. The RSENR has had budgets billed for hundreds of dollars in error by sharing of codes! Don't let this happen to your budget!
Last modified September 24 2013 11:49 AM