Rubenstein School Perennial Summer Internship Program
Eager, professional and skilled Rubenstein School students working with organizations and companies finding solutions for critical environmental issues. Could there be a better match?
The Perennial Summer Internship Program at the Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources strives to provide valuable internship opportunities for you, Rubenstein School students, and to build and strengthen relationships with environmental companies and organizations working on critical issues. This is a competitive internship program and these 12-week, paid, credit-bearing internships range from part-time to full-time. Many of the 2014 Perennial Internships are located in Vermont while others are located in Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York. Rubenstein students currently in their first, sophomore, and junior years are eligible to apply for Perennial Internships. (Students graduating in May 2014 are not eligible to apply for Perennial Internships.)
Interested in hosting an intern through the Perennial Internship Program?
Interested organizations and companies work closely with the Rubenstein School to design an internship that is robust, professional and beneficial to both the organization/company and the intern. Rubenstein School staff and faculty assist with application review and provide support to both the intern and supervisor throughout the internship. The intern earns academic credit for the internship and is also paid through a cost-share agreement between the host organization/company and the Rubenstein School.
Most internships are 12 weeks long and interns work 20 hours/week. There is flexibility in terms of the hours worked per week. For more info, contact Anna.Smiles-Becker@uvm.edu or call 802-656-3002.
2014 Application Process is now closed
Look for information on the 2015 Summer internships in January 2015.
2014 Perennial Internship Descriptions (pdfs)
- Avatar Energy, South Burlington, VT - Research and Development Technician
- Green Mountain Power, Colchester & Lowell, VT - Kingdom Community Wind Public Relations & Operations Assistant
- Hilton Burlington Hotel, Burlington, VT - Sales & Marketing Intern
- Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership, Hurricane Island, Maine - Hurricane Island Field Station Intern
- Intervale Conservation Nursery, Burlington, VT - Field Health & Soil Fertility Intern
- Jericho Research Forest, Jericho, VT - Green Forestry Education Initiative Steward
- Lake Champlain Sea Grant, Burlington, VT - Green Stormwater Infrastructure/GIS Specialist
- Northern Forest Canoe Trail, Waitsfield, VT - Trail Use & Impacts Intern
- The Land Conservancy of New Jersey, Mt. Olive Township, New Jersey - Land Stewardship Intern
- Triumverate Environmental, Somerville, Massachusetts - Environmental Specialist Intern
- UVM Natural Areas, VT (statewide) - Field Intern
- UVM-USDA Forest Service, Burlington, VT & Various Field Sites in NH/VT - Research Assistant
- VHB, North Ferrisburgh, VT - Environmental Scientist/Technician
- VT Agency of Agriculture Laboratory, Burlington, VT - Pesticide Environmental Testing & Analysis Intern
- VT Agency of Natural Resources Lakes & Ponds, Montpelier/Greater Burlington area, VT - Lake Champlain Monitoring Program Field Staff
- VT Department of Environmental Conservation, Montpelier, VT - Green Stormwater Infrastructure Specialist
- VT Department of Environmental Conservation, Montpelier, VT - Organics Management Intern
- VT Department of Environmental Conservation, Montpelier, VT - Environmental Education Assistant Air Quality & Climate Change
- VT Department of Fish & Wildlife, Montpelier, VT - Outreach, Media & Field Assistant
- Waterkeeper Alliance, New York, NY - Program Support Intern
- Williston Conservation Commission, Williston, VT
- Winooski Natural Resources Conservation District & Aiken Center, Williston/Burlington, VT - Water Conservation Technician/Rubenstein School Greening Intern
Last modified March 06 2014 09:05 AM