RSENR Internship Program
Internships are great opportunities to explore your career interests, build relevant skill sets and make connections in your fields of interest. Many students also find that internships encourage them to apply knowledge and skills gained in the classroom. Internships may be for credit or not, paid or unpaid, part time or full time, and can be built into your class schedule during the academic year or arranged during the summer. The Rubenstein School Internship Program awards academic credit for well-structured internship and research experiences. Internship opportunities exist in Vermont, throughout the United States, and internationally.
Past internship / research summaries and photos
Want to learn about cool internships that other Rubenstein students have done? Read internship descriptions by category below. Also explore our Rubenstein YouTube Channel.
Support: The Rubenstein Internship Program provides a formal structure for students pursuing career-related internships and research experiences. Interns are supervised and supported by professionals in the field, a RSENR faculty member, and RSENR Career Counselor & Internship Coordinator Anna Smiles-Becker. Stop by Aiken 220G to make an appointment with Anna. Appointments can also be made via email Anna.Smiles-Becker@uvm.edu or by phone at 802-656-3002.
Explore Internships: It is never too early to start!
- Useful websites for your internship search
- Rubenstein Perennial Summer Internship Program: Provides valuable summer internship opportunities for a select group of students with environmental companies and organizations. Learn how to apply.
Obtain Credit: Internship credit needs to be arranged PRIOR to the start of an internship. Contact Anna Smiles-Becker to discuss further.
- Download and fill out the Internship Learning Contract (PDF)
- When your internship is over: Internship Final Evaluation (PDF)
Apply for Funding:
- Kate Svitek Memorial Award: Provides scholarships to RSENR students pursuing environmental internships. Learn more.
- Rubenstein School Internship Fund: Provides funding to RSENR students pursuing unpaid or under paid, credit-bearing internship/research experiences. Learn more.
Last modified December 01 2015 09:41 AM