Department of Psychology
Peer Advising in Psychology
Do you want to hear more about the psychology major from other students who have been successful in the program?
Come to a Peer Advising in Psychology session, sponsored by Psi Chi, Psychology Club, and the Undergraduate Program in Psychology!
Topics will include:
- how to work with your academic advisor
- how to get involved in opportunities outside of class
- how to find the resources that you need on campus
- tips for making the most of your psychology education at UVM
- course requirements and selecting a schedule for next semester
The peer advising sessions are scheduled for the following days/times. There is no need to RSVP, but please plan to attend the entire hour session. These sessions are located in the Dewey Computer Lab (John Dewey Hall room 128).
- Tuesday, March 19, 5:30-6:30pm
- Monday, March 25, 7-8pm
- Thursday, March 28, 6:30-7:30pm
- Friday, March 29, 9-10am
- Friday, March 29, 10:30am-11:30am
- Monday, April 1, 7-8pm
If you select courses for registration at the session, you can email your proposed schedule to your advisor during the session. Assuming everything looks OK, your faculty advisor can remove your advising hold without an in-person meeting.
You can still meet with your faculty advisor if you want -- but you will be much more prepared and know what questions to ask!
This is a great opportunity to get to know other majors and to learn from people who have been through the process themselves.
We hope that you can join us! Questions? Contact the Psychology Peer Advising Coordinator, Ariel Handy (email@example.com)
Last modified March 14 2013 10:30 AM