Department of Psychological Science
John Dewey Hall
The Current Building
In 1970 the Department of Psychology moved from the Waterman Building into a completely renovated major building on campus. Formerly the Medical College, John Dewey Hall (named for the University's distinquished alumnus, A.B., 1879) has 45,000 square feet of laboratory facilities, and is occupied solely by the Department of Psychological Science. The building is within a two-minute walk of the hospital and within five minutes of the central library and other important campus buildings.
John Dewey Hall contains well-equipped computer facilities, large IAC sound-proofed rooms, an animal colony, and a clinic. There are surgical rooms and laboratories for physiological and other animal research and a complex of connecting rooms with one-way mirrors, two-way speakers, and video equipment for human research activities and observation of clinical assessment and therapy.
Original Floorplans for the UVM Medical School (now John Dewey Hall)
Below is the original floorplan for the main floor of the UVM Medical School prior to its constuction in 1904, along with a contemporary image. The plans are stored at UVM, and were graciously photographed for this page by Architectural and Engineering Services.
Last modified December 04 2014 03:14 PM