Student Success and Satisfaction
In March 2010 the University of Vermont contracted with Art & Science Group (http://www.artsci.com),
a nationally recognized higher education consulting firm, to conduct an extensive retention analysis that leads to a report of their findings and recommendations to achieve our strategic goals. The work of the consulting firm has been guided by the Student Success and Satisfaction (S-Cubed) Working Group comprised of:
Chris Lucier, Vice President for Enrollment Management
Wanda Heading-Grant, Chief Diversity Officer and Special Assistant to the President for Multicultural Initiatives
Fred Curran, Director, Office of Institutional Research
Brian Reed, Associate Provost for Curricular Affairs
Annie Stevens, Associate Director of Student and Campus Life
Joel Goldberg, Associate Dean, College of Arts and Science
Josie Davis, Associate Dean, College of Agriculture and Life Science
Andrew Barnaby, Associate Professor, College of Arts and Science (Faculty Senate Student Affairs Committee)
Joan Rosebush, Senior Lecturer, College of Engineering and Mathematical Science
Keith Coutu, Senior Analyst, Office of Institutional Research
With administrative support and website development by Sharon Conley Haas, Assistant to the VP for Enrollment Management.
And with periodic support from: Keith Williams, University Registrar and Nguyen Bach, Senior Analyst, Office of Institutional Research
The general timeline of the Retention Study is:
- March – May: Review of previous internal reports and data, external reports and data including NSSE, CIRP, and ASQ, and previous consultant reports. Conduct focus group interviews with administration, faculty, staff, and students.
- June – August: Conduct qualitative interviews with students who left the University of Vermont.
- August – September: Refine survey instrument
- October: Current student survey, statistical analysis
- November – December: Complete and integrate the analysis.
- January: Campus presentations of draft findings and recommendations
- February: Campus presetations of final findings and recommendations
- February – April: Develop action plan
Last modified May 12 2011 09:51 AM