Diversity Curriculum Review Committee
The Diversity Curriculum Review Committee (DCRC), responsible for the six credit-diversity requirement. To develop, maintain and monitor the portfolio of academic courses and experiences in the Diversity Curriculum. The DCRC will serve as a sub-committee of the Curricular Affairs Committee of the Faculty Senate. The DCRC will be staffed and supported by the Office of the Associate Provost for Multicultural Affairs.
- Review and approve proposed diversity courses.
- Develop and oversee a phased-in implementation plan for the diversity requirement.
- Develop and oversee a mechanism for assessing outcomes of the diversity
- Propose suggested changes to the Diversity requirement, as necessary, to
- Solicit proposals for courses that qualify for designation as a “Diversity
under categories 1 or 2.
- Develop and implement a policy for periodic review of approved diversity
stipulating revisions as necessary.
- Develop and implement a policy for review and approval of substitutions
alternatives of the diversity requirement on a case-by-case basis.
Membership (see list of current members)
- The composition of the DCRC should be one faculty member from each of the
academic units with baccalaureate degree programs and one to two Provost appointees.
- The Chairperson of the DCRC shall be appointed from amongst the Curricular Affairs Committee (CAC) and the chair of CAC shall be a voting ex officio member. The Associate Provost for Multicultural Affairs shall an ex officio member.
- The DCRC will consist of a maximum of thirteen (13) members including the two ex-officio members.
1. There will be at least two meetings a semester to address the functions
of the DCRC.
2. The presences of six (6) voting members at any meeting shall constitute a quorum.
Last modified October 08 2013 01:02 PM