Academic Leadership Fellowship
Nominations for the Academic Leadership Fellowship may be made by Deans, Chairs and full-time faculty of our University. Individuals may nominate themselves or others.
Nominees must be UVM faculty at the Associate Professor or Professor rank, with limited or no prior experience in academic administration.
[Chairs are eligible if in the first year of service or if in an Interim capacity. Program Directors are eligible providing the directorship is secondary to the faculty appointment. Those with a prior leadership role at the University or College/School level are ineligible for this Fellowship.]
- Deadline for applications is November 1 and March 1.
- Academic Leadership Fellowship awards are made by the Provost. The Provost’s Office will notify Fellowship recipients and relevant Dean’s Office by the end of the academic semester in which the application is made.
- Nominations are to be submitted electronically as a single PDF document, c/o firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The nomination packet must include;
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae;
- The specific professional development opportunity (e.g., conference) for which the Academic Leadership Fellowship would be used (include website URL or brochure), along with brief rationale;
- An itemized budget for participation in the designated professional development opportunity;
- A letter by the nominator noting the basis for the nomination, including evidence of the nominee’s academic leadership potential;
- Except for self-nominations, the above letter should also clearly confirm the nominee’s willingness to participate in the specified professional activity, if awarded;
- A statement by the Dean of the College or School, committing to the cost-share and with accompanying statement of support for the nomination.
Last modified July 31 2013 08:52 AM