Search for Provost and Senior Vice President
Message from Abu Rizvi, Dean of the Honors College and Chair of the Provost Search Committee Rachel Johnson, Robert L. Bickford, Jr. Green and Gold Professor of Nutrition and Vice Chair of the Provost Search Committee
February 11, 2013:
Provost Search Process
An important aspect of the search for the Provost and Senior Vice President of the University of Vermont involves gathering feedback from members of the University Community about the opportunities and challenges facing the University of Vermont as well as the personal and leadership characteristics desired of the next Provost and Senior Vice President. The information gathered through this process will assist the Provost Search Committee in developing search criteria and ways to identify outstanding candidates for the position.
We have created an online survey that is available to all members of the University community wishing to provide perspectives on the next Provost and Senior Vice President of the University of Vermont at Invitation to Comment. We encourage you to share your thoughts and ideas as we move ahead with this important search. The survey asks the following questions:
- What opportunities do you see facing the University of Vermont in the next ten years?
- What challenges do you see facing the University of Vermont in the next ten years?
- What professional qualifications/experiences should the next provost and senior vice president possess?
- What personal leadership characteristics should the next provost possess?
- What other considerations should the Provost Search Committee bear in mind?
Further information and regular updates on the status of the search will be available on this website. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact either (Abu.Rizvi@uvm.edu or Rachel.Johnson@uvm.edu).
Thank you in advance for your participation as we begin the important process of identifying UVM’s next Provost and Senior Vice President.
Last modified April 17 2013 02:36 PM