President's Commission for Inclusive Excellence
Serving on the President's Commission for Inclusive Excellence
The PCIE consists of members of the University of Vermont community with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, multicultural competency, and inclusion. This commitment is demonstrated through personal work and learning, as well as institutional service, professional, and organizational work. Members of the PCIE are known to be effective leaders, have had a significant impact on campus conversations about diversity, possess organizational knowledge of UVM, and are respected by members of the UVM community for their diversity awareness, knowledge, skills, and demonstrated actions.
Expectations for Service
- Service on the PCIE is three years for faculty, administrators, and staff and two years for students.
- Members of the PCIE are expected to attend monthly meetings of the Commission and participate in Commission-related professional development (e.g., orientation, retreat, other opportunities). It is estimated that the monthly time commitment for commissioners is 2-4 hours.
Acknowledgement for Service
Those who fulfill the requirements of service on the PCIE will receive:
- An appointment letter from the Vice President for Human Resources, Diversity and Multicultural Affairs (HRDMA)
- A letter of acknowledgement of service from the President
- Opportunities and/or funding for diversity-related professional development
- An invitation to attend an annual thank you luncheon
A selection committee made up of the Commission's leadership team and representatives appointed from appropriate campus governance groups will review applications submitted by interested individuals.
The selection committee will recommend candidates for the Commission to the Vice President for Human Resources, Diversity and Multicultural Affairs who along with the President will make final decisions on the appointment of PCIE members.
Application and Selection Schedule
- Call for applications to the UVM Community: Week of April 24, 2017
- Deadline for completed applications: Monday, May 8, 2017 (by midnight)
- Announcement of PCIE members: Week of May 15, 2017
Questions about the PCIE application/selection process may be directed to: Dr. Lacretia J. Flash (Lacretia.Flash@uvm.edu), Vice-Chair for the President's Commission for Inclusive Excellence.
Download the 2017 PCIE Application
2017 PCIE Application (MS Word Document)
Return completed application to Lacretia.Flash@uvm.edu by midnight May 8, 2017.
Last modified May 01 2017 08:18 AM