All full-time faculty with a minimum of three years or more in the rank of Senior Lecturer or Lecturer are eligible for consideration. Eligible faculty may be nominated by a dean, a department chair, or faculty within the academic discipline of the nominee.
The Award (one each to a Senior Lecturer and one to a Lecturer) will be made annually and the awardees receive a cash price of $2,500. Criteria include the following:
- Demonstrated record of exemplary contributions (innovation, creativity, productivity, impact, success, scholarly output) as a teacher-scholar at the University of Vermont.
- Demonstrated record as a leader, role model, innovator in activities that promote or enhance teaching effectiveness, new pedagogy, and / or curricular reform or development.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching.
- Record of scholarship dissemination as evidenced by peer-reviewed journal articles, conference proceedings papers, presentations at national conferences, invited talks, or books.
- Notable achievement(s) in teaching or scholarship, recognized beyond the University, that bring recognition to the department, program, college or school.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive excellence and to advancing the University’s diversity goals.
Last modified January 23 2019 01:32 PM