Chief Diversity Office
The Women's Center supports all facets of women's lives -- the social, professional, spiritual, physical, intellectual & emotional. We empower women and their allies to become active leaders and global citizens in their communities. The Center advocates, educates and provides direct service and resources in support of gender equity and safety.
What we do
- We advocate, at an individual and systems level, on issues of gender-equity and gender-based & sexual violence. We provide comprehensive support and advocacy for victims of all identities who have experienced gender-based and sexual violence.
- We strive to build a safe, inclusive, supportive and affirming community for all identities. We do this through on & off campus collaborations and by offering educational programs, events and resources on issues of identity, inclusion and gender based & sexual violence.
- We recognize and affirm the importance of celebrating the contributions and achievements of women & allies.
- We see social justice as both a process and a goal that leads to full and equal participation of all groups in society that is mutually shaped to meet their needs. We commit to challenging ourselves and others to grow as agents of change through our actions, behaviors and relationships.
- We support women to reach self-actualization, to use their voice in advocating for themselves and others, to practice wellness from a holistic lens (mind, body & spirit), to strengthen their capacity and courage for leadership and engagement.
- The movement for social, political and economic equality for all people regardless of gender identity & expression is the lens through which we view our work.
Last modified February 21 2012 08:43 AM