Chief Diversity Office
Center for Cultural Pluralism
The Center for Cultural Pluralism's (CCP) mission is to equip faculty, staff and students with the cultural and social justice competencies necessary to function at their best in their intellectual, leadership and pedagogical practices, so the University can provide the highest quality education.
What we do
The Center for Cultural Pluralism is a highly visible, tangible symbol of UVM's commitment to education that addresses awareness of equity, understanding of social justice, teaching skills and assessment of intercultural skills.
- Provide leadership committee membership, consultations and coaching as well as through formal presentation on culture and social justice topics.
- Provide unique curriculum transformation and cultural awareness professional development events focused on increasing awareness, understanding, skills and assessment abilities.
- Provide physical space for art exhibits, meetings, workshops and retreats.
- Provide a collaboration resource to other units doing professional development programs and trainings for the local community, faculty & staff.
- Support the distribution of information on social justice and cultural events.
- Provide small grants to develop programs or curriculum focused on cultural pluralism and social justice themes Loan library and video materials for viewing or class use on short-term basis to UVM faculty and staff.
- Provide film and text resources for professional development and instruction.
Last modified February 21 2012 08:17 AM