The 26th President of the University of Vermont
UVM United Way Campaign Begins on November 5th
Goal is $150,000 and 25% participation in our employee campaign
- By John Sama
Dear UVM Employees,
As long-time supporters of the United Way of Chittenden County and proud members of the UVM Community, we invite you to join us in supporting your community by participating in the 2012 UVM United Way Campaign. The UVM community of faculty, staff and retirees raised $146,000 during the 2011 campaign, something that we are all very proud of. Our goal this year is to raise $150,000 and to reach 25% participation in our employee campaign.
Campaign materials are being distributed via campus mail (U.S. mail for off-campus employees) starting on November 5. Additional information and a link to a convenient on-line payroll deduction pledge form is also available on the UVM United Way Campaign Website:
United Way of Chittenden County asked the community, “If Chittenden County was the best place in the world to live, work, raise a family and retire, what would it be like?” Here’s what they heard:
- Everyone has enough food and a safe, secure place to live.
- Parents have the skills, supports and resources to nurture their children.
- Children start school ready and eager to learn and kids graduate with the education, skills and curiosity needed to succeed.
- Employment opportunities abound and people earn enough to support themselves and their families.
- Seniors and people with disabilities are well cared for – in their homes or in the community – by skilled, compassionate caregivers.
We think everything on this list is achievable. But the challenges we face to ensure this prosperous future for our children and grandchildren are complex, and finding solutions is equally as complex.
United Way of Chittenden County is a coalition builder like no other, inspiring the collective power of these critical and diverse partnerships to find solutions, focusing on three priority areas that are building blocks for a better life: Education, Income and Health. United Way has the expertise, the flexibility, the courage and the tenacity to look wide and dig deep – to uncover what is truly at the root of the challenges to that prosperous future we all envision and to develop sustainable solutions. The results are impressive.
We believe that when you contribute to the United Way, your gift leverages other financial and volunteer resources, as well as strategic partnerships to ensure that:
- our children, youth and young adults achieve their greatest potential;
- individuals and families can meet their basic needs and become financially stable; and
- everyone in our community has the opportunity for improved health and well-being.
Investing in United Way is a solid investment in the future well-being of the local community, and our collective gifts will get results. Please give generously, because the vision we all share for our prosperous future is right around the corner.
Wanda Heading-Grant, Tom Gustafson, Mary Provost, John Sama, Joe Speidel
UVM United Way Campaign Volunteers
If you have any questions about the UVM United Way Campaign or would like to speak with a campaign volunteer, please send an e-mail to United.Way@uvm.edu or call Mary Provost (656-8012) or John Sama (656-0534).