85 South Prospect Street
346 Waterman Building
Burlington, VT 05405-0160
Senior Advisor and Chief of Staff
232 Waterman Building
Dr. Wanda Heading-Grant
Vice President for Human Resources, Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
The Division of Human Resources, Diversity and Multicultural Affairs recognizes that the people who form our UVM community are our most valuable resource. Through the work of our division, we ensure that UVM's employees receive the support needed to contribute to the strategic goals of UVM and function effectively in their roles. This division also actively works to create a learning and work environment that is inclusive and affirming of all of our members. We find strength in the diverse identities and experiences of those in our community, and thus take steps to ensure that all members of our community can work, learn, teach, and fully participate in the UVM experience.
Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President for Human Resources, Diversity and Multicultural Affairs is responsible for:
- Providing vision, leadership, coordination, and strategic planning for human resources, diversity, and inclusive excellence throughout the University;
- Increasing the efficiency, effectiveness, and value of our Human Resources systems, processes, and practices;
- Overseeing benefits, employment, compensation, leadership and organizational development, and employee relations;
- Advising senior leadership on policies, programs, practices, and resources necessary to achieve excellence in multiculturalism and diversity;
- Collaborating with campus partners to create professional development opportunities that support faculty and staff in their development in the areas of career learning, compliance, and cultural competency.
- Providing integrated leadership and administrative oversight of the Diversity & Equity Unit: Abenaki Outreach Program, Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Office, Center for Cultural Pluralism, ALANA Student Center, LGBTQA Center, and Women’s Center;
- Supporting the work of the University's Commission on Inclusive Excellence.
Abenaki Outreach Program
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Office
ALANA Student Center
Center for Cultural Pluralism
Human Resource Services
Last modified October 10 2014 08:39 AM