The 26th President of the University of Vermont
President's Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equity
The President’s Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equity works to ensure equity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people at UVM, and to address sexual orientation and gender identity issues throughout the university community.
The mission of the President’s Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual
& Transgender Equity is to make recommendations to the President, acting
as a catalyst and advocate in ensuring equity for members of the LGBTQA community,
and addressing sexual orientation and gender identity issues throughout the
University. Ensuring a safe, positive, fully engaging university experience
for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students, faculty and staff enriches
the campus community.
The objectives of the Commission are to:
- Research, monitor, and report on the status of the LGBTQA campus community, and of institutional efforts to address sexual orientation and gender identity issues facing the UVM community.
- Identify major needs and topics of concern.
- Propose policies and programs to address these needs and concerns, and to promote, maintain and publicize strategic focus on these issues.
- Collaborate with campus organizations with complementary goals and objectives.
- Monitor the effectiveness of any proposed policies and initiatives upon
Last modified April 30 2013 12:30 PM