[Return to Policies
Public Record Request Fee Schedule
The following fees are the maximum that may be charged by University
of Vermont departments for copying
public record documents as defined in the Records
and Documents Requests Policy.
- For staff time involved in
physically duplicating a record, $.33 per minute after the first 30
- For senior-level staff time,
and information technology specialists' time spent extracting data from
databases or performing similar tasks necessary to comply with a request
to create a new public record, $.57 per minute.
- For any other staff time for
which cost can be charged and collected under this section, $.45 per
- For photocopies, $.05 per
single-sided page, $.09 per double-sided page for pages up to 8.5 by 14
- For color photocopies, $1.00
per single-sided page.
- For computer-generated paper
copies, $.02 per page for pages up to 8.5 by 14 inches.
- For computer diskettes, $.28
each for 3.5-inch diskettes.
- For compact discs, $.86 each
for write-once CD w/case, $2.31 each for re-writable CD w/case.
- For audio tapes, $.81 each.
- For video tapes, $1.69 each.
- For DVD's, $2.00 each for
write-once DVD w/case, $4.00 each for re-writable DVD w/case.