Community-University Partnerships & Service Learning
Independent Study/Internship Credit
- Students must speak with their department and with the professor they are TAing for about receiving academic credit for this work. The CUPS Office does not arrange credit-bearing activity, but will work with a student to design a credit-worthy experience.
- Students are signed up as a temporary employee of the CUPS Office.
- Students earn $10/hr and may report up to 50 hrs of work (for a total of $500). This does not cover all of the time that they spend with the class, but the student must commit to working with the class throughout the whole semester (this stipend/payment is the maximum amount that CUPS can allocate).
- Compensation will be dispersed in one payment at the end of the semester unless you are TAing in a travel abroad course.
- Available to those who qualify, paid at a rate of $10/hr.
- Students may earn up to their maximum award for this time, but may only report hours for Teaching Assistant activities and responsibilities.
- Students must arrange to have their TA activities registered as a work study position through the UVM Student Financial Services office.
- Supervisor would be the course instructor.
Questions? Call (802) 656-0095
* If you are a TA for an international course, note that the Fund for International Service Learning (FISL) offers a scholarship in the amount of $500 for a student participating in a service-learning-based study abroad program.
** Graduate students with TA or RA funding through the graduate college may participate in the program and trainings but are not eligible for the stipend from the CUPS office, even if that funding is associated with a different course or project.
Last modified January 18 2012 01:06 PM