Grant Proposal Manager Services
Preparing a large, "center-level" grant proposal can be complex and time consuming. As a complement to the services provided by Sponsored Project Administration, OVPR is now providing the services of a Grant Proposal Manager Jeralyn Haraldsen, Ph.D.
Jeralyn Haraldsen offers additional resources necessary to shepherd complex proposals through the writing and submission process.
Proposal Review and Grantsmanship Critique
- Thorough review of your full proposal for grantsmanship with annotated comments and suggestions
- Review for responsiveness to reviewer critiques (for resubmissions) and to RFP/RFA requirements
Proposal Writing Assistance and Editing
- Substantively edit your draft text
- Prepare draft text of non-technical proposal sections
- Edit to improve the clarity and flow of your document
- Edit to improve the formatting and presentation of your document
- Coordinate collection of additional information via meetings, phone, email
Secondary Services, Available on a Limited Basis
Assistance with Budget Development
- Assist with development of draft budget and budget justification
- Coordinate with business manager for review of draft budget
- Coordinate collection of subaward documents from collaborators
Liaison with Sponsored Project Administration (SPA)
- Coordinate with business manager to submit draft and final budget documents for review
- Upload draft and final proposal documents for review, internal routing, and submission
Liaison with Collaborators
- Coordinate collection of biosketches, letters of support
- Assist with preparation and collection of subaward documents
Overall Proposal Management
- Review solicitation and develop annotated outline of your response to the RFP/RFA
- Manage the proposal preparation process
- Participate in high-level, strategic proposal planning
- Assist with writing non-technical proposal components
- Critically review proposal drafts for grantsmanship, readability, and responsiveness to sponsor requirements
- Manage proposal compilation, assembly
- Coordinate with SPA
Priority will be given to large, complex, multi-disciplinary grant proposals to support high-impact, center-level research and scholarship.
Assistance may also be available on a more limited basis to individual investigator proposals, and to providing training and support to faculty members new to writing grant proposals.
Requests for assistance will be prioritized as follows:
- Large, complex, multi-disciplinary, and multi-investigator proposals (e.g., centers, program projects, training grants, and infrastructure-building grants)
- Individual investigator proposals and new faculty proposals
- Faculty members new to writing grant proposals
The following will also be taken into consideration:
- Current and projected workload of grant proposal manager
- Timeliness of request ideally more than 12-16 weeks prior to deadline
- Alignment with areas of institutional priority
For proposals that require cost share or match, investigators must document required commitments prior to engagement with the grant proposal manager.
Grant Writing "Brown Bag" Seminars
Videos of our seminars (UVM netid required) will be available soon.
2016-2017 PowerPoint Presentations
See all PowerPoint presentations (UVM netid required).
Watch the NIH Webinar: Fundamentals of the NIH and the NIH Grants Process presented on September 11, 2015.
Please contact Jeralyn Haraldsen, Grant Proposal Manager, with any questions by email at Jeralyn.Haraldsen@uvm.edu or by phone at 802-656-2982.