Note Taking Program
This is a step by step checklist that will assist you in securing a peer note taker.
- Receives an accommodation letter from an ACCESS student, along with 2 slips of paper. One is for the faculty member, the other for the volunteer.
- ACCESS student will indicate that note taking services are needed.
- Announce to the class that a peer note taker is needed, using the recommended text on the "Faculty Role" webpage.
- Check volunteers notes to make sure they are legible if handwritten.
- REGISTER the volunteer note taker on the Online Form (name and netID needed), by email to the Note Taking Program, or via the QR code on the faculty handout.
- Give the volunteer note taker the information slip that came along with the ACCESS accommodation letter.
- Follow up with volunteer and/or ACCESS student to make sure notes are being submitted.
- If no one volunteers, follow the suggestions on "Tips for Securing a Peer Note Taker"
- If still no one steps forward, email your class roster to the Note Taking Program and we will try and find a volunteer.
- Contact us with any difficulties you have.
Click here for a Printable Faculty Checklist
Last modified August 26 2012 06:51 PM