Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences
Faculty - Lynn Wild
Lynn Wild, MA, MPH, RD, Lecturer
- MPH, Epidemiology and Environmental Health, Texas A&M University System Health Science Center, 2007
- MA, Nutrition, University of Texas at Austin, 1985
- BA, Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, 1978
- Lynn Wild's C.V.
- American Dietetic Associatio
- Community Emergency Response Team
- League of American Bicyclists
- Society for Nutrition Education
Office Location: 255 MLS Carrigan Wing
Office Hours: by appointment
IntroductionLynn Wild observes and evaluates emergency preparedness exercises for the Office of Vermont Emergency Management, and works with local and UVM professionals to develop curricula to expand understanding among individuals and within neighborhood clusters of healthful food preparation, long-term local food security and the value of emergency preparedness planning.
In a previous incarnation, she developed nutrition curricula for 11 years at the WIC Program at the Texas Department of State Health Services and then for three years trained that agency`s staff to organize and follow standard procedures for managing emergencies.
Passionate about bicycling in Vermont and eating delicious local foods, she combines the two by riding long distances with her husband to explore local farms, restaurants and cafes. Her motto: "Let`s work together to create communities where it is easy to be good to each other."
- NFS 223: Nutrition Education and Counseling
- NFS 262: Community Nutrition
- Jean Harvey, Chair
- Catherine Donnelly
- Mingruo Guo
- Rachel K. Johnson
- Paul S. Kindstedt
- Stephen S. Pintauro
- Lizzy Pope
- Amy Trubek