Faculty - Amy Nickerson
Amy Nickerson, MS, RD, Senior Lecturer and Director of the MS in Dietetics Program
- MS Human Nutrition and Foods, University of Vermont, 1986
- BS Human Nutrition, University of Massachusetts, 1977
- AA Liberal Arts, Cape Cod Community College, 1973
- Amy Nickerson's C.V.
- American Dietetic Association
- Vermont Dietetic Association
Area of expertise
Office Location: 232 Marsh Life Science
Office Hours: by appointment
IntroductionAmy Nickerson promotes healthy aging across the lifespan in her professional and personal life by advocating for universal access to nourishing food and physical activity opportunities.
Professional InterestsAmy Nickerson`s commitment to healthy living for all people has most recently been focused on promoting the health and well-being of older adults through evidence-based food, nutrition and physical activity programs. She models what she teaches by running, road biking, nordic skiing and pursuing other endurance activities. Her professional experience has included nutrition/wellness in aging and public health, clinical nutrition, college teaching, and food service management.
- NFS 295: MSD Journal Club
- NFS 311: Supervised Practice I
- NFS 312: Supervised Practice II
- Pintauro S, Berlin L, Regimbald S, Burczy S, Nickerson A. 2004. A Novel Approach to Delivering Nutrition, Food Safety and Health Information to Older Adults. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 30[Suppl 1]: Abstract O36, p. S36.
- Jean Harvey, Chair
- Catherine Donnelly
- Mingruo Guo
- Rachel K. Johnson
- Paul S. Kindstedt
- Stephen S. Pintauro
- Lizzy Pope
- Amy Trubek