University of Vermont

Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences


Checklist of Required NFS Courses Form

Change of Major Form

To transfer into the NFS Dept you need to have taken NFS 43 and Chem 23 or 31 and received a C or better. Once these are taken print and fill out the Change of Major form and along with a copy of your transcript bring them to the department office, 256 MLS Carrigan Wing.

You may request that changes be made at any time, as long as the above requirements are met.

Declaration of Minor Form

If you are a current student, you can both declare and/or request changes to your minor.

You may request that changes be made at any time.

CALS Exception Form

Course substitutions, waivers, reduced credits, etc.

Instructor Permission Form (Add, Drop, Override)

You may add/drop a course on your own within 5 days once the semester begins. After the first 5 days and up until 10 days you will need instructor permission(fill out the form) to add/drop. After the add/drop period Dean's Office approval is needed.

You may be prevented from enrolling in certain courses due to a failure to meet prerequisites, overlapping course times, or course capacity limits. In order to enroll in these courses you must obtain instructor permission. An instructor can either grant you an override online or this form can be completed and brought to the Student Service Center.

Withdrawl Form

After the Add/Drop period you are not eligible to drop a course. Instead, if you no longer wish to be enrolled in a course, you will need to withdraw.

Community Practicum Forms:

Practicum Contract

Practicum Field Experience Evaluation Form

Practicum Timesheet Log

Practicum Written Assignment Information

Practicum Final Presentation Information

Research Practicum Contract

Last modified March 18 2015 01:47 PM