The Exam Proctoring Center (EPC) is located in Living/Learning A131. Our facility consists of office space, a testing room divided into 13 carrels, and two private rooms located just across the hall in L/L A132 and A134.
|Front Desk||Carrels||Private Room|
|The EPC office area.
Students sign in and out at the front desk.
|The EPC Carrels, an accessible area for test taking seating up to 13 students with 6 computer stations.||
A132 being used by a student with a Reader.
Technology & Equipment
Software is Microsoft-based and includes:
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox browsers (internet disabled, except for online exams)
- JMP 9.0
- Read and Write GOLD, text-to-speech programs
Students whose accommodation(s) or alternate exam format requires use of a computer for access to Microsoft Office, a specific program, or the internet are seated at appropriate stations. Advance notice of accommodation(s) or alternate exam format is required during the scheduling process to guarantee appropriate seating.
- General administration of the EPC.
- Supervise Work Study and Student Staff.
- Receive and prepare all exams sent to the EPC, for confidentiality of exam materials.
- Schedule and proctor Courtesy Exams for non-UVM courses or students.
Work Study Staff
- Facilitate student check-in/check-out at the Front Desk.
- Answer phone inquiries regarding scheduling and processes.
- Monitor exams-in-progress by conducting frequent walk-thoughts of testing area.
- Serve as Reader and/or Scribe when a student’s accommodation requires.
- Act as Couriers to deliver completed exams to department faculty.
- Provide miscellaneous clerical support, as needed.
Work Study staff are required to attend a training session at the start of each school year to receive education on our policies and procedures, as well as support around diversity, disability, and confidentiality.
Last modified July 07 2014 02:05 PM