University of Vermont Concert Band
We try to accommodate every student who wants to participate in Band, so the audition process is really more of a "placement". However, since the instrumentation of the group needs to be well balanced, occasionally some players (particularly flutes and alto saxes) may not be able to be placed.
- C Major
- A-flat Major
- D Major
- and a chromatic scale of your choice (full octaves only)
|Baritone (Treble Clef)
|Euphonium (Bass Clef)
1) This year there is an audio file for your listening pleasure. The etude is basically
the same for all instruments, with modifications for range and technique. Also keep in mind
that this is a MIDI recording, not a person playing!
2) Tempos: first section is about 72 to the quarter, second section is about 92 to the dotted quarter.
3) If notes are outside your range, you may play them up or down an octave.
4) Apologies to those flutes and oboes who auditioned with this piece two years ago....
Should you have any problems, e-mail Dr. Toner.
Last modified July 13 2015 01:44 PM