The UVM Morgan Horse Farm maintains a high quality group of sale prospects at all times. This inventory includes broodmares, performance prospects, and sucklings-yearlings. Click here for current sales list.
UVM Wren, 2014 Filly
UVM Valedictorian, 2013 Gelding
Whether you're looking for a top producing broodmare such as UVM Vision or UVM Victoria; a Grand National Showring star such as UVM Christine, UVM Columbine, UVM Nappi, UVM Valcour, UVM Unity, or UVM Windfall; or a top Junior Exhibitor mount and family friend such as UVM Regina or UVM Victory - the UVM program's selection process is designed to consistently produce the traditional UVM Morgan standard for breed type and athletic ability.
- Open and ready for a mating of the buyer's choice;
- Bred to a UVM stallion, or occasionally to a privately owned stallion carefully selected on performance, and bloodline compatibility criteria; or
- Nursing mare with foal at her side bearing the world famous 'UVM' prefix in its present or future name. The nursing mare is typically sold in-foal for the next season, and available as a 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 package, depending on the buyer's choice.
UVM broodmares are typically suitable as pleasure performance animals, offering an excellent opportunity to take advantage of the herd's extensive genetic history and a 'buyer friendly' training program.
UVM two-year olds are started in harness training, and the following year under saddle. Our focus is a basic approach to prepare a young horse with the physical and mental conditioning which can subsequently be specialized to the buyer's discipline of choice.See the Sales Horses section for the most current listing of breeds and individual horses available.
The UVM Morgan Horse Farm's goals are to breed for:
- Replacement broodstock for replenishment of the domestic herd (approximately 25% of each foal crop is maintained for continued selection scrutiny).
- Continual supply of sales inventory candidates to allow private breeders/owners to take advantage of the world renowned gene pool while providing vital income for Farm operations.
Last modified May 04 2015 12:06 PM